Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If you want something; Go for it! But don't forget to stop and smell the roses!

I have always been a go-getter. I guess I was born with a competitive edge. I don't like losing at anything. When I want something,  I go for it  100%! I never let anything stand in my way. If I get knocked down 7 times, I'm getting up 8. For the past 4 years, I have battled my weight & won! Although, I am still wanting more challenges physically; the consistency has allowed my dream of having my own fitness studio become a reality. I am forever grateful for all of the tears & blood I shed to get here. I wouldn't change it for anything!



But what I fail to do sometimes is stop and smell the roses. I get so caught up in my work because it is my utmost passion that I fail to cherish life's little moments. I know we are all victims of this. But at some point you have to stop and regather your thoughts and refocus your goals. You have to find a balance so that you are most happy. I don't want to look back on my life and say, "Oh I wished I would have done that." Instead, I wanna be the one saying, "I did that!"

Every day we encounter problems. The telephone rings 1,000 times a day, and each caller is important. On top of the calls, meetings spring up suddenly to complicate the day as we strive to be our best. When we add the normal frustrations of daily life--like the rising costs of gasoline, groceries, and health care and the computer that refuses to work no matter what we try--it begins to feel like a hassle even to stop and enjoy the camaraderie we share.

We are the ones to make sure we are proud of ourselves. The ingredients are all within us to meet these challenges--if we can find balance so that we are not trying to do more while we make ourselves crazy thinking that we are not doing enough. In a time of dwindling resources (including time), it becomes more important to make time for the things that help us to remain strong, proud, and capable. Internal strength is like a rechargeable battery; even when it is almost drained of resources, a quick infusion of positive thoughts can bring it back to a good level.

For the past few years, I have said too often, "I am sorry, I can't make it or I wish I could go but I don't have time." I have missed out on so many memories with my family & friends. From here on, I will allow some time for myself to make those memories with my loved-ones. I will not allow any negativity to stand in my way anymore.If you remember back about Christ, He did not hide away and live in a cave and teach His disciples. He was out in the masses. Yes, he did go away to get recharged spiritually, He needed His times alone, but then He came back out into the masses. He had the balance on both levels.

My point is: We all have daily hectic lifestyles that prohibits us from doing fun things sometimes. However, we must set some time away for ourselves to be able to enjoy making those memories. We have to be able to regroup, get our head on straight, & keep moving forward. So when life throws you curb balls, find humor in it. If you have to take a detour before you have reached your goal; be sure to stop and cherish the moments.  

So maybe, this evening or weekend, we should make a point to resist the temptation to log onto facebook every time we have the thought that we should share. Instead, we can do something we enjoy so that we feel revived tomorrow.

Let's take one moment and read slowly to savor the words: Today, Your Hard Work Is Appreciated. So stop and be sure to smell the roses!

Always,
Rhianna

No comments:

Post a Comment