Thursday, September 8, 2011

NEVER GIVE UP




This quotes reminds me of the day that I told my Dad that I was moving to Fort Worth to start my career in Fitness @ 24 Fitness. He kept asking me questions about my why? Then he said something to me that has been instilled in me ever since, "This is your dream, never never never give up on it." Although, my Dad passed away 2 weeks later and I never made it to Texas; I am forever grateful for those words.

All of the sudden, I realize how rare it is to meet people nowadays who embrace this standard and exhibit this behavior. It's almost as if quitting has become the social norm, so widely accepted and met surprisingly unchallenged--in friendships, marriages, schools, careers, & health. Can't seem to lose those 30lbs? Decide your marriage sucks? Your website not bringing in sky-high traffic like your planned? You decide that being a Nurse really isn't your "passion?"

These days, when the going gets tough, we cut and run. No muss, no fuss. We whine, cry, gripe, and complain, and we throw are hands up and say forget it? Why are we so quick to give up? And since when did this become "okay?" Whatever happened to go old-fashioned sticking it out? Perhaps this is why the divorce rate is so high? Perhaps this is why we end up sad, alone, depressed, and bored? 

What's wrong with a little pain? A little discomfort never hurt anyone. What doesn't kills us makes us grow stronger, healthier, more balanced, and more prepared for what life has to bring our way.  Eventually, we become better equipped to achieve and appreciate the finer things in life. Ask Drew Brees or Michael Jordan or Thomas Edison if they ever experienced pain or discomfort!!! The answer will be yes over and over again!

We all experience pain at some point in our life. If we didn't we wouldn't be normal or human. There was a time in my life when I wanted to throw my hands up. I still have days where I feel defeated. But then I remember ever wrong turn that I have ever made. I remember that giving up is just too easy. So I keep fighting. Instead, I take a good look in the mirror and realize how far that I have come. I envision the future and the results I want from my committment. I stay true to them and I keep on keeping on!

So my point: Never Give Up! Stay focused on your goals! Never let them out of sight!  Do your homework, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Keep working out, keep pushing play! Keep climbing that mountain! When you reach the top; be forever grateful for your wounds you got on the way. I had a dream business plan in my closet for 10 years, today it is reality! 

You can do anything that you set your mind to! NEVER GIVE UP!

Until next time,
Rhianna

No comments:

Post a Comment